May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

"TRUE GRIT"

Hailee Steinfeld as the 14 year old heroine, determined to find and bring to justice her father's killer (well played by Josh Brolin)is deserving of high praise. Jeff Bridges as the famous/infamous bounty hunter/Marshall "Rooster Cogburn" is marvelous and memorable! I enjoyed seeing Matt Damon as the Texas Ranger "Le Boeff" (pronounced la beef). I didn't find the film, though very well put together by the Coen Brothers, as great as some folks seem to think, but then, that's just me. The initial pace seemed slow, though the action definitely picked up later. Perhaps too much! I wasn't expecting it to be so "heavy" - but I understand it followed the book more closely than the previous film version (1969) starring John Wayne. I am only giving it THREE STARS, because I wasn't totally thrilled with it, though I applaud the acting. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment