May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

"The Company Men"

Yes, yes, yes! Outstanding performance by the old pro Tommy Lee Jones, excellent acting by Chris Cooper, with the added treat of a small, but effective appearance of the better than ever Kevin Costner. Wives, lovers perfectly portrayed. Splendid film, relevant social commentary presented very personally, showing how human lives are affected by the "downsizing" of large corporations. A comparative study between white collar upper level executives and hands-on-the-hammer and-shovel, blue collar workers. Tracks the general, impersonal bottom-line Board of Directors' decisions to the effects they have on the daily lives of the newly unemployed. Splendid dialogue, delivered admirably - right on the mark. I forgot to look up the name of the Director, but he surely deserves a lot of credit also. Worthwhile film, easily earned a FOUR STAR rating.

2 comments:

  1. It's December, folks, and with Academy Awards in mind, the studios are releasing some really good stuff! So, I'm doing due diligence to check out as many as possible of this fine new crop of possible entries. I saw "The Toourist" on Friday, "Company Men" on Saturday," and "Inspector Bellamy" today (Sunday) I'll be back soon with my Wednesday report. (That's the day my cleaning lady comes, so I get out of the house to stay out of her way, and go to the movies. (No sacrifice is too great for my loyal readers.) SP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the spelling of "Tourist" above, but you know what I meant, righ?

    ReplyDelete