May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Friday, December 24, 2010

"TRON: Legacy"

Silly me.Why did I see this movie? I never played Video Games or Arcade Games; I don't appreciate 3D - in fact I resent it - and I don't care about special effects (though they are, in this film, quite spectacular -- but they seemed to me to be so repetitive that I got bored with them. (the motorcycles sequences were quite wild and good, actually.) Anyway,I went because this movie had a great opening weekend, and claimed a huge attendance, so I wanted to see for myself. Plus, I like Jeff Bridges -- and he is, of course just great in this, as is young Garrett Hedlund who plays his son, who goes searching for him "inside the grid." (Of the computer world that Kevin Flynn(the father, Bridges) invented with the help of a sort of dopple-ganger called "Clu" that he created.) Olivia Wilde is beautiful and talented. Seeing Michael Sheen, the fine actor who won acclaim a few years ago for his portrayal of Tony Blair (and other noteworthy sophisticated roles) appearing as the quirky, wildly eccentric/erratic "Castor" in this Disney (yes, blame it on Disney) film, was somewhat strange and disconcerting. I have to admit, he's quite an actor. As you may have gathered, I really didn't like this movie. I felt I was being punished for my poor judgment in choosing to subject myself to it for over two hours. Why didn't I just leave? Ah, my friends and foes, I did want to see how it ended! (BTW, in case you're interested the plot includes stuff about the huge corporation that Flynn Sr. built - and his desire to build a perfect world in cyberspace, but... ) I can't in all fairness judge this film, since it's not my kind of entertainment. I belong to the wrong demographic. Mea culpa.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shakti....I did it!
    I absolutely love your reviews and I look forward to them with such relish...
    It feels almost as if I am sitting and talking with you.
    Thank you, Davi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Davi! Thanks for the feedback. I am delighted that you like my comments. Blessings! SP

    ReplyDelete