May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Friday, December 10, 2010

"Tourist"

Great Fun! Forget the professional critics who have somehow missed the entertainment value of this film. Based on another guideline I use for evaluating ("Would you want to spend two hours with these people?") Well, who wouldn't want to spend a couple of hours watching gorgeousAngelina Jolie, with a wardrobe to die for?) And I think that Johnny Depp fulfilled his role exactly the way his character would behave and speak. The slightest movement of his facial muscles, and you know just what he's feeling and thinking! This guy can act. Paul Bettany is an excellent main player in this spy frolic. Photography is excellent, and there's action (motor boats on the canals, one of which is expertly captained by the resourceful Angelina); there's suspense and humor and intrigue, with some surprises along the way. What's not to like? (Lighten up, you guys, it's not supposed to be part of the "Bourne Identity" series. "Tourist" easily gets my FOUR STARS.

No comments:

Post a Comment