May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Win Win"

Many names were listed as Producers of this film, so I don't know which of them is responsible for doing the job of Casting Director, but whoever it is, BRAVO! MAGNIFICENT! Wise and witty use of SPLENDID talent! And wise and witty dialogue. Especially noteworthy, the quiet, soft spoken (but outstanding and powerful in the wrestling ring) is newcomer young Alex Shaffer, who plays "Kyle." I have never, ever wanted to watch wrestling, nor do I intend to do so ever again, but this film, despite the wrestling, was just great - and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even the wrestling scenes were interesting. (Maybe because it was kids, actually doing the wrestling, and not faking it?) Paul Giamotti and Jeffrey Tambor as part time volunteer coaches are absolutely flawless. (Giamotti's "Mike" is a lawyer.) If the other actors (all of them!) weren't so excellent, Bobby Cannavale as "Terry" might have stolen the show. A one of a kind plot (several story lines interweaving) kept me interested and caring about what was going to happen next. FOUR STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment