May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Home Entertainment -Sigh

Still not feeling well enough to go out to the movies, so I keep myself entertained with books (used paperbacks -I buy at a discount on line from Alibris) such as Protect and Defend by Vince Flynn; and on my Kindle (currently reading One Shot, a Jack Reacher novel by Lee Child, one of my favorite mystery writers). Then added to my TiVo regular viewing (addiction?) is "Jeopardy!" (Hard to get that annoying musical theme that sounds a lot like "I'm a Little Teapot" out of my head, but neverthe less --) Also, wondering why Alex Trebeck wears his glasses sometimes, and not others. Another annoying but addictive (for me) program is "Dancing With the Stars." Though I'm not thrilled with their recent addition of a dance troupe. Thank God I can fast forward at my discretion. (and so can you, or just delete!!!) But, my most exciting entertainment event has been the rediscovery of the Author, Noah benShea! Beautifully written prose, each sentence lovingly crafted. I was first introduced to this wise and open hearted philosopher, through his first book, the wonderful Jacob the Baker. Followed by Jacob's Ladder. Then in 1991 at the Book Fair held at the UCLA campus in Westwood, California, I bought his latest, Jacob's Journey, which he graciously autographed for me (and not just with his signature, he penned a lovely message!) benShea's books are not lengthy, not a lot of pages, but each paragraph a gem to be savored, each sentence a facet to be admired. (Can you tell I'm enthusiastic about his books? His bio says he's written 20 of them, and perhaps they are not all as fantastic as the ones I've read, but, I'll let you know as I continue my exploration of Home Entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment