May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Limitless"

OK. Original concept: A pill that allows you to access that 80% of your brain that ordinarily isn't working. Great acting by Bradley Cooper, who is the pill popper, "Eddie." (Eddie's ex-brother in-law provides the stuff, played by an actor whose name I don't remember, is perfect in his role.) Well directed by Neil Burger. And, of course, who can resist the always excellent Robert DeNiro on screen? He enters the picture after Eddie has been transformed (thanks to the drug in his system) from a down on his luck, failed writer, whose 2nd wife (Abbie Cornish) has left him, to a brilliant, successful (making huge amounts of money) financial wizard. Just one little problem with the pill (before you rush to your local pharmacy), it is liable to kill you. Anyway, I mostly enjoyed it, except for too much violence in places ( although not all pervasive, what there was, was disturbing to me). For originality and fine acting, I would rate it THREE STARS.

No comments:

Post a Comment