May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Friday, April 29, 2011

"Bill Cunningham, New York"

If you read the New York Times, or live in New York, you already know Bill Cunningham as the guy who rides around New York city on his Swinn bike, walks a lot, and photographs people who are wearing clothes that he finds newsworthy -- for he writes (and illustrates with his photos) a regular fashion column for the NYT. He's not interested in celebrities as such, only if they happen to be wearing something of interest. I had the pleasure of discovering Bill for the first time when I saw this wonderful documentary the other day. Many celebrities were interviewed for the film, including the Editor of Vogue, Anna Wintour, who said, "We dress for Bill." Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I learned Bill is an exceptionally likeable, truly kind and decent person, with the highest standard of integriy. You just have to admire him. Despite my personal disinterest (more like horror when I see what's "in") in "fashion." Directed by Richard Press, this film surely deserves FOUR STARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment