May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Hanna"

Sorry, I must be getting soft in my old age, but "Hanna" had just too much violence for me; almost non-stop. Though it certainly kept my attention, I'm not sure it's healthy for me to secrete so much adrenalin. Saoirse Ronan, the remarkably marvelous young actress, was, of course, outstanding in this starring role as Hanna -- a product of training as well as (watch out, here comes the spoiler) some genetic altering to make her a fearless, almost indestructible assassin. Eric Bana, playing her father, whom we meet out in the wilds of Finland in the opening scenes where he's making sure she can survive against anyone and any challenge, is also wonderful. Soon we meet Cate Blanchette, the CIA operative who is in charge of finding these two, in order to eliminate them. Hiss, boo!!! With a few other small parts well played including some young children, plus fine Photography ( lots of chase scenes), Directed by Joe Wright, I can still only offer TWO STARS, but, that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment