May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

"Tamara Drewe"

Despite the fact that I could not understand some of the dialogue ( it was in British English, and I simply cannot follow those accents), I have to say this was a marvelous film! First rate, even flawless, acting by an outstanding ensemble cast, portraying fascinating characters. Story takes place in a rural farm setting where writers take a few weeks each season to hone their skills. While they are there, they get involved with one another, as well as the local residents, in varying degrees. Tamara Drewe is the focal point of action, as she, having had rhinoplasty (commonly known as a nose job) returns to her home transformed into a really sexy babe, and through some flashbacks you see how much of a transformation it is. Lots of what the Brits call "shagging" goes on-- but not too graphic for my puritannical eye -- mostly pretty humorous! Included is a wonderful "rock star" drummer (Punk?)--and great music. Add to the mix a couple of bored young local girls creating havoc. I have to give this unusual film FOUR STARS, because it's really good! (Am I the only one who could use subtitles for British films?) SP

No comments:

Post a Comment