May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"R.E.D."

Absurd, ridiculous, great fun!! Fantastic cast to die for (literally as well as figuratively). I don't want to tell too much, no 'spoiler' am I, suffice to say that RED stands for Retired-Extremely-Dangerous, and among those so designated by the CIA, are Bruce Willis (bald as always, especially satisfyingt to see him perfect in his role!), John Malkovich (you can always depend on him to be way out there, and he does not disappoint), and unbelievably, Helen Mirren. There are love interests (Mary Louise Parker splendid in her non-CIA role), and of course lots of shooting and enough car chases to satisfy any enthusiast. Despite the tongue-in-cheek possibilities, everyone plays it perfectly as if it were a serious spy thriller. I loved it! My apologies for not remembering the name of the marvelous actor who played the part of the Russian. Oh, and delighted to see Richard Dryfus again.(Of course, you must, as they say -- and I've always wanted to say: "Suspend disbelief" and just enjoy." FOUR STARS on the enjoyment meter. SP

1 comment:

  1. Brian Cox is the name of the wonderful love interest of Helen Mirren. SP

    ReplyDelete