May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Change of Plans" ("Le code a change")

Eight very diverse characters gather for a an annual dinner. (Some reluctantly, one invited at the last minute.) You are introduced to them en route, or, a couple of them in doctors' offices, two of them at a Flamenco dance class. and from their conversation, and from flashbacks trying to sort out the relationships is a bit challenging, but fascinating. What a "cast" of diners! Absolutely best ensemble cast of French actors -- I recognized Dany Boon (from "MicMacs") and Patrick Bruel who plays a doctor who specializes in Cancer patients. The writers are Christopher Thaompson and Daniele Thompson (She's also the Director). I'm not that familiar with the names of all the actors, but recognized most of their faces. And they are each and all really marvelous. I wish could give this movie 4 stars, but I can't because it was too complicated, so I have to lower it to TWO and a HALF STARS. (While I was watching it, I loved it. It kept me totally engaged and interested -- but to honor "truth in advertising," I have to say I think it tried to do too much in the time allotted, making it confusing. Or maybe it was just me? I may go see it again, just to find out if I can figure out all the relationships more accurately. Oh, the music was great! SP

No comments:

Post a Comment