May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Friday, November 5, 2010

TV or not TV?

So sad, two shows I liked are being dropped by their network. Sorry to lose Rob Morrow and Moira Tierney as opposing attorneys on "The Whole Truth." And NBC is dropping "Undercovers," a smart spy drama. The powers that be just don't ask my opinion. Too bad. At least on the plus side we still have Tom Selleck in "Blue Blood," which is NOT about vampires, but about several generations of cops being the good guys! (Sorry, I didn't like the show by that name, "The Good Guys," I felt the casting of one of the fine actors formerly on wonderful "West Wing" was just annoying, as they have him playing a very unpleasant guy.) Still watching and enjoying "The Good Wife." Hurrah! Welcome the return of "In Treatment," though as Dr. Paul Weston, Gabriel Byrne seems a bit 'off'' this season, perhaps it's because of the clients? I understand that all the previous episodes were remakes of the original, filmed in Israel, wheras these new sessions are strictly American. Could that be the problem? (Though the actor playing the Indian Father/Father-in-Law now living with his son and daughter-in-law in the States after the death of his wife is wonderful, and Byrne seems more like himself in the sessions wth him. (I found the teenaage client, "Jesse" so obnoxious, I barely could watch.) I really, really like Paul's new therapist. But all his clients are so miserable, and he is so miserable, I may just give up on it, except for the sessions with his own new therapist. I still watch "Hawaii Five-O," though I could do without the too frequent filler shots of surfers catching the waves . I guess they appeal to some viewers. Anyway, I like the lead actors. (BTW, I'm pleased with my recently acquired HD capability .) Where is one of my favorites, "Leverage?" I miss it. I should mention that I'm hooked on "Jeopardy!" Pleasant host, Alex Trebec, very intelligent and knowledgable contestants, and not too much yelling and screaming from the audience. (I can't stand those daytime live shows with women shrieking. On cue?) Signing off, for now, folks, stay tuned...SP

1 comment:

  1. ooops, I failed to mention one of my favorite shows: "The Mentalist," starring Simon Baker. And, though it's between seasons, I will eagerly welcome back "White Collar." SP

    ReplyDelete