May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

"Morning Glory"

Sorry, it's a Matinee Dud. Despite excellent performances by Diane Keaton (she's always great!), Jeff Goldblum (He's really perfect in this role), Patrick Wilson (the love interest, very likable) and, I think the actor's name is Liam Ferguson who plays the News Producer - and is one of the bright lights in this otherwise disappointing film, despite all these, the film was undermined by the following: I was quite annoyed by Rachel McAdams as Becky Fuller, newly hired as Executive Producer of "Daybreak" the early, early, really early morning news, and supposedly 'entertainment" show. She is of course, a pretty girl, but pretty hyper throughout. Not fun to watch. I blame the director, (always the one to blame, right?) Roger Michell for McAdams' performance as well as the deadpan, dull acting of Harrison Ford (I am sure he is capable of much better if only he'd had better directing). Ford plays a formerly famous. award winning news journalist/reporter now reluctantly reduced to being Co-anchor with Diane Keaton. -- She, of course nevertheless, delivers her best, which is always a pleasure to watch. Ford seems obviously 'acting' -- Anyway, It wasn't totally a bad movie, but it wasn't really very good either. I am generously going to give it TWO STARS in honor of the actors noted in Blue above (if not for them, well, maybe One, or None. ( Perhaps I'm getting harder to please in my old age.) SP

No comments:

Post a Comment