May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Due Date"

What a waste of talent! Despite some bad reviews, I decided to see for myself, and actually, despite the presence of Robert Downey Jr. whose best simply wasn't enough to save this really botched film, I can finally say I saw somthing I didn't like. It hardly even deserved ONE STAR. (and that mainly because of Downey's performance.) Such a disappointing turn for Zach Galifinakis -- who was so wonderful in "It's Kind of a Funny Story,' that I thought surely I'd like him in this. I did not. I don't mind another buddy road trip movie, even with some cliche incidents from former movies of the same genre, but this was just a really poor imitation. Yes, it had some laughs, but in some places it was too crude for me. One of the few bright spots for Galifinakis was his perfect imitation (he plays an aspiring actor, heading for Hollywood with high hopes of geting on the TV show, "Two and a Half Men") of Marlon Brando as Don Carleone in the "Godfather." Come on script writers, you can do better than this! Michelle Monaghan who plays Downey's wife deserves crdit for a fine job. Too bad we didn't see more of her in the film. All in all, if the movie makers were trying for zany comedy, they did not succeed. Perhaps Robert Downey didn't read the whole script before he signed on for this travesty? He deserves a better showcase. Oh, well, the popcorn is free on Wednesdays at the AMC (if you're a frequent flyer like me.) Sigh. SP

No comments:

Post a Comment