May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sex and the City

First of all, please forgive me. Take into consideration that today is Wednesday. Wednesday is like my "day off." My cleaning lady comes every Wednesday, so I have to go out to lunch and to the movies every Wednesday. If you've been following my postings, you know I've already seen just about everything worth seeing (according to me). So, it was a toss-up today between SATC (apparently that's what the insiders call "Sex and the City") and "Prince of Persia, Sands of Time." Both these films have received terrible reviews from the Critics -- which doesn't necessarily prove anything, except Caveat Emptor. So, armed with low expectations, I took the lesser of two evils (perhaps?) and saw SATC. (I figured at least it wouldn't be too noisy, as no one seemed to be brandishing a sword in the previews I had seen.) I should also mention that I had not seen the previous SATC movies nor did I ever watch the TV series about these four females. This film has something to offend just about everyone. Tramping (pun intended- at least as far as one of them is concerned) through the desert in high heels and wardrobes that beggar description (note my use of cliche, to match the cliche situations rife within this two and a half hours of over the top, absurd, ridiculous, and in some instances so far from Politically Correct as to be seriously insulting -- yet, I must confess, some of the scenes were funny, so, yes, I laughed. Yes, I was entertained, though I don't want to admit it. So kindly keep this information confidential. Signed, Anonymous P.S. The actor who plays Carrie's (Sarah Jessica Parker's) husband in this film is the same fine actor who plays the husband of Julianna Margulies character in the excellent TV legal drama series, "The Good Wife." I like him. Liza Manelli's dance routine also provided a few minutes worth watching. SP

No comments:

Post a Comment