May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Monday, August 23, 2010

"Mademoiselle Chabon"

French film, subtle and engaging. A romantic love story that takes its time to unfold. Subtitles provided were almost unnecessary in many scenes because of the superb acting. Husband and father, kind and gentle man (takes care of his aging father), although he's strong (he's a builder) is enamoured by the violin playing (exquisite music - perfectly utilized in the film) of his young son's school teacher. And, well, you know what you think it will lead to. So the question is, will he leave his life and run off with this sensitive, alluring, intelligent young woman? You probably won't find this film in the Multiplex, but if you do, and appreciate subtle nouanced performances, go for it. (I'm not familiar with the French actors, so I'm not supplying the names, which I probably can't spell.) FOUR STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment