May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

"Get Low"

Another film based on a true story. Yes, this actually happened. A bearded, scraggly, taciturn (most of the time) seemingly dangerous hermit, hated and feared by the townspeople, after 40 years of living (barely existing) alone , decides to host a funeral while he's still alive, and invite all the folks who have stories to tell about him to attend. Because of the stellar cast: Robert Duvall, the curmudgeon; Bill Murray, the funeral parlor owner; Sissy Spacek, an old "friend"; and Lucas Black, Murray's assistant, I went with high expectations -- which is usually not a good idea, however, in this case, I was not disappointed! In fact, I can't offer enough praise for the acting. A few adjectives come to mind: excellent, pitch perfect, mesmerising. As you may have guessed, I loved this movie. As one professional critic remarked, Duvall's performance is unforgettable! Bill Murray doesn't do many films these days, but when he does, wow! Not exactly a comedy, but has some definite humor. I savored every moment. With excellent direction and photography and flawless performances by FOUR STARS (and everyone in it), "Get Low" is at least a FOUR STAR film. SP

No comments:

Post a Comment