May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"The Other Guys"

Absurd mayhem! Impossible car chases. Wild explosions. Deadpan, outrageously funny, Will Ferrell with Cop "partner," also hilarious, marvelous Mark Wahlberg. (Who knew he could play comedy so well?) - Wild shooting, destruction, shattered glass windows and windshields, and bodies and cars flying every which-way -- and yet there's a plot! Our two "Guys" are ultimately heroes, despite all the snafus they create. (They are a terrific team!) Michael Keaton is thieir Police Chief (wait till you see him in the other job he holds so he can earn enough money to support his family). There are several gorgeous women, including Eva Mendes. Rated PG-13, the few slightly (very slightly) off-color remarks are negligable in the midst of all the silly stuff. I'm giving it THREE and a half STARS --It's not perfect (I didn't like the music background -- too noisy and raucus for me, part of it in whatever I guess is called rap ) but the dialogue alone is wildly funny..I giggled a lot! Samuel Jackson, and The Rock have small parts, and you can tell they were having a great time playing them! Be sure to wait and watch the credits roll at the end to get an illlustrated education on Ponzi schemes and other financial information. At the ver end, see the out-take of two leads in a restaurant. the Wall Street Journal called "The Other Guys a "comedy of chaos." I happily agree. SP

No comments:

Post a Comment