May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Dinner for Schmucks"

Using an insulting word in the title should give you a clue as to the fact that this movie has stuff in it that I found offensive. On the other hand, it has stuff that is hilarious and even delightful. Steve Carrell is wonderful as, what one might consider an idiot-savant. He plays a deadpan, innocent, creative, well-meaning blundering character. And you'll have to laugh. But some of the dialogue (not his) is rude and demeaning to women as far as I'm concerned. Despite that, there are lots of laughs.. Anyway, all things considered, I can only give it TWO STARS. You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment