May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Monday, August 16, 2010

"Cairo Time"

Ever wanted to visit Cairo? I have not. And still do not. Beautifully photographed. Practically a travelogue, this film by Canadian Rubba Nadda takes you there. Perhaps you are interested in Egypt (I'm not) you may appreciate all of the scenery. As for me, I found it rather boring, although the performances of the lead actors were truly outstanding. Beautiful Patricia Clarkson plays the wife, Juliette, who has gone to Cairo to meet her husband for a vacation. He has been working for the U.N. setting up refugee camps in Gaza. She is met at the airport by a former colleague of his, played by Alexander Siddig, who informs her that her husband has been delayed. So while she is waiting for her husband to arrive she goes sightseeing alone , and has adventures. Then when accompanied by the handsome, charming, every inch a gentleman, Siddig, they have adventures (like trying to cross the street without being run over.) And of course they visit the Pyramids. They attend an Egypian wedding of the daughter of an old flame of Siddig's. They obviously start to have some chemistry between them. (Euphanism for romantic attraction) Will it lead to something more? I was so tired by the end of the picture, I didn't care one way or another, but I won't spoil it for you if you plan to see it. Best I can give it is TWO STARS (One for the superb acting, and one for the excellent Photography). SP

No comments:

Post a Comment