May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

"Love Ranch"

Unless you don't mind being verbally assaulted with non-stop, over the top, vile profanity, do not, I repeat, do not see this film. I went because I figured anything with Helen Mirren in it had to be worth seeing. It wasn't. It's based on a true story of the owners of the Mustang Ranch in Nevada, the first legalized brothel. Joe Pesci (playing the husband to Helen Mirren's character) is given dialogue, if you can call it that, not just peppered with vulgarity -- it consists mainly of spewing the F word, over and over and over and over...with a few other unpleasant words thrown in. The only redeeming feature of the film is the romance between Helen Mirren's character and the excellent Spanish actor playing a boxing champion from Argentina. SP

No comments:

Post a Comment