May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

"Exit Through the Gift Shop"

Never heard of this ? Try and find it! Out of 4 Stars ( my new rating system -- due to popular demand). I'm giving this one all four Stars! The star quotient is based on how much I enjoy a film. This documentary is all about "Art" or, as some might qualify it, "Street Art" - or what used to be called "Graffiti." It tracks the emergence of a new "famous" (and now rich) street artist, who calls himself "Mr. Brain Wash." He's French, and seems like a genius (which possibly implies he's a bit obsessive) His huge One man show (truly an "Event") was in Los Angeles. Some footage also filmed in London. MBW started out behind a camera, making a documentary of everything in sight, but he himself ends up being the subject of this unique, amusing, and fascinating film which explores the world of Steet Art and artists. SP

No comments:

Post a Comment