May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Television

In my ongoing search for entertainment, I enjoy the following. Perhaps you will. Perhaps not. But FYI - My Tivo is set with a "Season Pass" for : "The Good Wife," "The Mentalist," "Lie to Me," "Leverage." And I often watch reruns of "MacGiver," and of couse, "Monk." Reruns of "Becker" and "Cheers" are convenient for a few laughs, and PBS frequently has excellent short series, such as the current "Foyle's War." The brits make good drama. Speaking of British films (slight change of rererence), I saw the original "Death at a Funeral," which was quite funny, and very well done. I didn't even consider seeing the U.S. remake, based on the cast and the reviews I read. ( metacritic.com is my usual source of commentary. I don't always agree with their perspective, but they can be helpful.) Stay tuned... SP

1 comment:

  1. Dear Shaktiji - how fun you're writing here! (thanks to Gurumustuk Singh for "promoting" you on Facebook :-) )

    YES! to all your Tivo season pass shows. They're all on our faves too.

    Wahe Guru,
    Gurukarm Kaur
    Millis

    ReplyDelete