May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

SHREK FOREVER AFTER

With the return of the original cast, voices perfectly matched to superb animation, this film would have been just as effective in 2D. (and less expensive). Combining elements from the perennial favorite, "It's a Wonderful Life," with the romantic legend of Sleeping Beauty and a variation on the theme of 'Selling Your Soul to the Devil' (in this case, to evil Rumplestilskin) "Shrek Forever After" could have been cliche, but it was not. Kudos to the writers for the surprising twists as the plot unfolded! I could have done without the dozens of cackling witches in black, complete with pointy hats, riding hell-bent for destruction on their broomsticks. ( I think small children might be frightened by some of those scenes. But listening to Antonio Banderas and/or and Eddie Murphy doing their pitch perfect Puss in Boots and Donkey characters was a delight. Plus, even the closing credits were so entertaining that I sat glued to my seat. (Or maybe it was sticky?) I know I'm raving on and on about the animation, but it was just about the best I've ever seen. The dialogue was clever and engaging. Mike Myers , was, of course every inch (or syllable) a perfect Ogre. Julie Andrews, Cameron Diaz (as Fiona) , and John Cleese were also to be heard, and very much appreciated -- even Far Far Away. SP

No comments:

Post a Comment