May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Artificial Insemination for your consideration

This was not on my list of the movies I wanted to see. But I was told that in one scene, the background music was from one of Snatam's albums. So, of course I had to go see it. Honestly, I didn't hear anything that I recognized, but then, with my less than perfect hearing, that doesn't mean that it wasn't there. Anyway, because I went in with low expectations (the critics have really panned the movie) I have to say it was not too bad after all. True, Jennifer Lopez is not a great actress, but she obvioulsy made a noble effort. The other actors were quite good, especially the male lead, Alex O'Loughin. Also, it was fun to see some old (definitely not young) familiar faces among the supporting cast. There was a bit too much graphic pain and screaming during the water/birthing scene (not Lopez, another woman) for me. but there were a number other adventures throughout the film that could be considered traumatic. If you'd like to see what happens in the doctor's office during an intro-vitro procedure, you'll appreciate this opportunity. (Not to mention the early ultra-sound procedure that came later.) I must admit, there was a lot of laughter in the theater during the show, oh, and the outdoor photography was splendid, but, well.... 'nuff said. SP

No comments:

Post a Comment