May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Golden Globes and an Assassin

This isn't a movie review. It's my personal commentary on recent events that illustrate the human obsession with fame. Remember the theme song in "Cheers" (You want to go where everybody knows your name.. ? followed by and they're always glad you came). Well now, everybody knows Ricky Jervais' name. As for me I'm sorry he came to host the Golden Globes. He's been quoted saying he doesn't mind if people hate him. Such is the thirst for recognition -- it's why some kids act naughty -- just to get attention. He was way beyond naughty. Just rude and crude, mean and nasty insults that were far from funny. Then there's Tucson, Arizona, where an obviously mentally deranged guy shot and killed a number of people the other day in an attempt to kill a Congresswoman. Take a look at his photo in the newspaper. He is probably thrilled with the notoriety - if he's seen it. Of course, the public wants news. We want to know what's happening in the world. Unfortunately, getting written about, getting your photo in the paper, even if it's for being infamous, feeds that ego driven urge to be "recognized." What's that saying, "Any publicity is good publicity"? I don't know the solution. I just feel very, very sad to witness the insanity that is rampant in our society. Yes, Yogi Bhajan predicted that things would get worse before the actual Aquarian Age arrives. Almost another year to go, folks, so, be kind to one another, think positive, meditate,and pray. I'm trying to keep my eyes on the light at the end of the tunnel ( and remember to pay the electric bill on time). SP

No comments:

Post a Comment