May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

"COUNTRY STRONG"

Even going in with low expectations, I was bored a lot of the 117 minutes of this film, which seemed to drag on and on. The highlights were when there was some country music (which I like) being played and sung. Strange that Tim McGraw (who is a CW singer), didn't sing, whereas Gweneth Paltrow and Garrett Hedlund did. So did Leighton Meester, playing the young, upcoming performer, rival to Paltrow. This was a pathetic look at the pathetic back stage lives of Country Western stars and wannabees. I really, really like Tim and Garrett and Gweneth (found Leighton tolerable -I think she's probably a better singer than actress), but the movie was just not very good. GP did a good job portraying the drunken, pill popping "superstar" "Kelly Canter," but not my idea of enjoyment to watch this kind of behavior. ONE STAR (I figure it deserves at least One, like an "e" for effort) Sorry. Shana Feste Directed.

No comments:

Post a Comment