May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

"THE FIGHTER"

Talk about a visceral experience! Wow! Painful! Problem is that I despise boxing; I really hate it! (For some reason, I don't mind seeing people shoot each other in movies, when the plot requires it- but, beating up on each other? No thanks.) However, based on a true story, "The Fighter" is actually an excellent movie. Has to be rated FOUR STARS because I didn't see anything wrong with it ( as a movie). Flawless acting by marvelous cast headed by Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale with Melissa Leo playing the Mother (a character you've got to find disgusting, as is the rest of the family). Foul language seems to be about the only method of communiction, even by Amy Adams, who plays the Mark Wahlberg's girlfriend. (Despite her language, there's something high class and sweet about her that shines through. First Class Direction by David O. Russell. Exceptionally fine photography throughout (too good -- especially in the graphic scenes of physical punishment that our hero took!) Perhaps you have to have an excess of testosterone to fully appreciate boxing; but this movie is so good that I liked it, even though I hated the brutality of it. I definitely like Mark Wahlberg -- he just didn't belong in that family - though he (the real life fighter character he played) made the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment