May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps"

Stellar cast. Not one false syllable in dialogue brilliantly crafted and expertly delivered. Michael Douglas' reprise of Gordon Gekko is fabulous, of course! He is surely one of the greatest actors around. Another Oscar? I loved hearing Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York" during the opening scenes. Hard to single out one performance more than another , they are all so perfect, but I'll always remember Eli Wallach's brief, but unique stint, and Frank Langella -- better than ever, and that's saying a lot! Josh Brolin impressive as a really rotten scoundrel in "the game," (i.e. Wall Street trading, rumors, infighting...) You know the story, it's Gekko's return to the outside world after six years in prison. Despite the fact that I couldn't follow all the financial jargon, I have to give this an enthusiastic FOUR STARS, because I thoroughly enjoyed it. Young Carey Mulligan again proved she's star material, and Shia LeBeouf fulfilled his role admirably. SP

No comments:

Post a Comment