May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

"Water For Elephants"

So sad, that this story, which made great reading as the book by Sara Gruen, makes such a mess of the movie! Directed (misdirected?) by Francis Lawrence, starring handsome Robert Pattison (known to the tween crowd from his success in the "Twilight" movies) as "Jacob"; scantily clad Reese Witherspoon (okay, she looks pretty) as "Marlena"; and Christopher Waltz playing her sadistic, obnoxious husband, "August," whom you can feel free to hate, the best thing about this movie was "Rosie" the elephant. Otherwise, if you enjoy the sweat, stink, and general disgusting aspects of what was definitely NOT the "Greatest Show on Earth," then you might like this film. I did not. I grudgingly say, and only for "Rosie," ONE STAR

No comments:

Post a Comment