May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

"Jane Eyre"

Sir Laurence Olivier owned the role of "Rochester" in the original film version of Charlotte Bronte's immortal love story, which has been made, and remade a few times since then. But I found Michael Fassbender equally fabulous as Mr. R in this latest screen treatment. Needless to say, marvelous young actress, Mia Wasikowska, more than lives up to her well deserved reputation playing the (plain) "Jane" governess. The dialogue, which must have been taken from the book, is so brilliant, that I want to go back and read the book again! Jamie Bell is well cast as the Parson, whose family (two sisters and he) shelter Jane. Dame Judi Dench is memorable as always, as "Mrs. Fairfax," the Housekeeper for Mr. Rochester. Congratulations to Director, Cary Fukunaga, job well done! FOUR STARS !

2 comments:

  1. I think you mean Orson Welles....Laurence Olivier starred in "Wuthering Heights"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lit Lover, Thanks so much for the correction! (And they say it's the short term memory that goes first.) Anyway I'm grateful you're reading my stuff. 'til next time.

    ReplyDelete