May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Queen of the Lot"

Rarely do I walk out of a movie. Today I did. I suffered more than 30 minutes, and then escaped. Since I love movies (usually), I had figured a film about a famous star who is under house arrest (the ankle bracelet, you may recognize from "White Collar" -- a great TV series) for breaking parole (?) after too much booze, or was it drugs? I couldn't quite tell, and moves in to her manager's house, and takes it over, and gets her boyfriend -- also a famous star to come and stay also. Boring, boring, boring. I didn't care much for the lead actress. Directed, I believe, by Henry Jaglom -- supposedly known for better things. Oh, well. I can't give it any stars. The annoying dialogue sounded as if there were no script, and the actors were improvising. (and not doing it very well.) Sorry. I do try to be positive, but this was dismal. NO STARS.

No comments:

Post a Comment