May 2011 - Come visit my NEW Blog!

I'm no longer updating this Blog so come on over to my new one, "Escape to the Movies with Shakti"
See you there.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"From Prada to Nada"

Truly a disservice to Jane Austin's Sense and Sensibility. Supposedly modernizing and changing the locale of her story about two wealthy, spoiled sisters discovering upon the death of their father, that they are destitute, this film is just not good. However, it was tolerable, and, as a Hollywood resident I could appreciate the street signs of Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, East Central LA, etc. Splanglish spoken here. So, ONE STAR for local color. (And I liked the actor who played a seemingly "tough guy" Mexican-American.) Really annoying music in the opening scenes. Don't waste your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment